How to Make a Referral
Please be prepared to offer the following information:(note: all information is not necessary, but helpful)
- Name, address, and phone number of victim.
- Identifying information of the victim such as: birthdate, social security number, age, ethnicity....
- Name, address, and phone number of alleged perpetrator (if applicable).
- Identifying information regarding alleged perpetrator. (if applicable).
- Your name, phone number and address.
- Provide information on any disability, health problem or mental illness.
- Reason for concern (alleged abuse, neglect or exploitation).
- For Salt Lake County, please call 801-538-3567
- For all counties not listed, please call 1-800-371-7897
- Fax: 801-715-3429
In Utah, the law (62A-3-305 and 76-5-111.1) states that any person who has reason to believe that an elder or disabled adult is being abused, neglected or exploited must immediately report the situation to Adult Protective Services intake or the nearest law enforcement office. All reporters are immune from civil and liability, and all information is confidential.
Services are voluntary unless court-ordered. Our goal is the "least-intrusive" intervention.
If you have a referral please phone us or Complete Online Form.